Willem Geerlings, till recently chairman of the Board of the Medical Centrum Haaglanden, in The Hague, completed residencies in nephrology and general internal medicine. He was a Board member of the Erasmus Medical Center in Rotterdam, The Netherlands. He practiced Medicine in the Leyenburg Hospital in The Hague and the University Medical Center of Groningen. Willem Geerlings went to Medical School in Rotterdam where he also completed his residencies.
Current other professional activities
- Member of the Board of Supervisors for NIVEL (Nederlands instituut voor onderzoek van de gezondheidszorg, Dutch Institute for Health Care research)
- Treasurer of the Collaborative Hospitals in the West of the Netherlands.
- Board member of the Foundation Collaboration Best Hospitals
- Board member of the Jacobus Foundation
- Member of the Board for judicial matters of ZonMW, a department of the Dutch government